Spring chicken tray bake with green vegetables is so easy to make in 30 mins but good for you too, plus it’s under 300 calories per portion! You can easily use boneless chicken thighs if you’re cooking for kids, so you don’t have to bother with stripping the meat off the bone. You can just as easily throw in some asparagus if you’ve got it at home, or any other seasonal greens you might have in the fridge. This is a simple midweek dinner that comes together in only 30 mins.
- 2tbsp olive oil
- Six skin-on chicken thighs
- 150ml chicken stock
- Six spring onions
- 100g Tenderstem broccoli
- 100g sugar snaps
- One lemon quartered
- Small handful oregano
- Herby new potatoes, to serve
Serve up with plenty of leafy greens for a filling and delicious dinner option.
How to Make
- Heat the oven to 180C, gas 4. Heat the oil in a flameproof and ovenproof dish on the hob until hot. Carefully add the chicken thighs, skin-side down, and cook for 4-5 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Remove from the hob and carefully pour over the stock and place in the oven for 15 min.
- Eliminate the chicken from the oven and add the vegetables and lemon quarters to the pan, making sure to coat them in the stock, and season well. Return to the oven for 10 minutes, until the chicken, is cooked through and the vegetables are just tender. Scatter with oregano and serve with herby potatoes.