The combination of fresh strawberry, almond butter, and oatmeal blended into a delicious, healthy creamy smoothie. The taste of oatmeal in this smoothie recipe is exactly like the dessert style concoction which is a good combination and good for you.
Previous post about Best Ever Applesauce Spice Muffins Recipe
Frozen sliced strawberries and bananas are blended into a creamy-like smoothie and then put on hot oats flavored with the almond butter which is both delicious and decent out of the world treat.
The focus point of this smoothie recipe is to make sure that your oats are warm but not very hot which putting them together. Otherwise, they will dissolve the strawberry and banana mixture.
Previous post about How to Make a Healthy Smoothie Infographics
Strawberry, Almond Butter, and Oatmeal Breakfast Parfait
|Dietary Fiber||12 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Total Fat||13 g|
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- Sliced almonds and strawberries, for garnish
- Combine the oats and water in a saucepan and cook over low heat for 5-6 minutes. Stir in the almond milk, vanilla, and almond butter. Stir until almond butter is melted. Turn off heat and allow to cool slightly.
- When the oats are slightly warm, but not hot, put the bananas and strawberries in a blender. Blend, pushing ingredients down with a tamper if necessary. Add a tablespoon or two of almond milk to help blend if needed, being careful not to add too much (it should be very thick, almost like ice cream.)
- To serve, layer the warm oats with the frozen strawberry mixture in a jar or parfait glass. Top with sliced almonds and strawberries and eat with a spoon.