Fat is a big problem from a long time and anyone one who has extra fat on his or her body want to reduce it. The major factor of fat gaining is our food it depends on us that what we eat and how much we have the knowledge about our food. So, here is another low fat black beans and rice lunch recipe for you.
Previous post about Healthy Beautiful Baked Apple Roses Lunch Recipe
This recipe is healthy and will help you to reduce some of your fat. This low fat black beans and rice lunch recipe is super easy to make and has a delicious taste. Just simmer the rice with onions and sautéed garlic in a vegetable stock. After that mix the black beans, cayenne pepper, rice, and cumin and cook them to perfect black beans and rice.
This recipe has been added to your Meal Plan
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Passive Time|
|Cook Time||Passive Time|
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 cup white rice uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth low sodium, low fat
- 1 teaspoon cumin grounded
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 1/2 cups canned black beans drained
Low Fat Black Beans and Rice Lunch Recipes
Amount Per Serving
Calories 134 Calories from Fat 18
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2g 3%
Saturated Fat 0.3g 2%
Trans Fat 0.2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.1g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.5g
Sodium 471mg 20%
Potassium 30mg 1%
Total Carbohydrates 22g 7%
Dietary Fiber 6g 24%
Protein 6g 12%
Vitamin A 3%
Vitamin C 2%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- In a stockpot over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add the onion and garlic and saute for 4 minutes. Add the rice and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, bring to a boil, cover and lower the heat and cook for 20 minutes. Add the spices and black beans.
Serve and Enjoy with your family.