This slow cooker beef pot roast dinner recipe is a perfect dinner meal for your family. This slow cooker dinner recipe has a great taste which depends on to make sure that you sear the meat before this long slow cooking.
Previous post about Dead Man Meatloaf Halloween Recipe
This is an excellent dinner recipe to make your family happy while eating a meal. The nutrition facts are great in this slow cooker beef pot roast dinner recipe.
This recipe has been added to your Meal Plan
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Passive Time|
|Cook Time||Passive Time|
- 5 pound bone-in beef pot roast
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour or as needed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1 onion medium sized and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3 carrots medium sized and cut into chunks
- 2 stalks celery cut into chunks
- 1 sprig rosemary fresh
- 2 sprigs thyme fresh
How to Make Slow Cooker Beef Pot Roast Dinner recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories 962 Calories from Fat 567
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63g 97%
Saturated Fat 24g 120%
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 27g
Cholesterol 267mg 89%
Sodium 900mg 38%
Potassium 998mg 29%
Total Carbohydrates 11g 4%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Protein 83g 166%
Vitamin A 97%
Vitamin C 25%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Generously season both sides of roast with salt and pepper. Sprinkle flour over the top until well coated, and pat it into the meat. Shake off any excess.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Sear the roast on both sides for 5-6 minutes each, until well browned. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and stir in mushrooms and butter; cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in onion; cook for 5 minutes, until onions are translucent and begin to brown. Add garlic, stir for about a minute.
- Stir in 1 1/2 tablespoons flour; cook and stir for about 1 minute. Add tomato paste, and cook for another minute.
- Slowly add chicken stock, stir to combine, and return to a simmer. Remove skillet from the heat.
- Place carrots and celery in the slow cooker. Place roast over the vegetables and pour in any accumulated juices. Add rosemary and thyme.
- Pour onion and mushroom mixture over the top of the roast. Cover slow cooker, turn to high and cook the roast for 5-6 hours, until the meat is fork tender.
- Skim off any fat from the surface and remove the bones. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve and Enjoy with your family.