This garlic cheese grits with shrimp breakfast recipe is a new version of a South Carolina specialty. This is healthy brunch recipe which you will love to eat. Its taste is delicious and this breakfast recipe can grits lover out of anyone.
Previous post about How to Make Healthy Penne with Chicken and Pesto Breakfast Recipe
First time when I made this garlic cheese grits with shrimp breakfast recipe for me family, we all enjoyed a lot, and after that, this recipe became one our favorite recipes.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Passive Time|
|Cook Time||Passive Time|
- 3/4 cup uncooked grits
- 6 ounces processed cheese garlic flavored cubed
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tomato diced
- 2 pounds fresh shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- salt to taste
Garlic Cheese Grits with Shrimp Breakfast Recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories 530 Calories from Fat 252
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28g 43%
Saturated Fat 12g 60%
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Cholesterol 396mg 132%
Sodium 1321mg 55%
Potassium 226mg 6%
Total Carbohydrates 12g 4%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Protein 55g 110%
Vitamin A 16%
Vitamin C 17%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Cook grits according to package directions. Stir in cubed cheese and cayenne pepper. Keep warm over low heat.
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute garlic and tomato until tomato begins to soften. Stir in shrimp and lemon juice. Saute until shrimp are pink. Season with salt to taste.
- Spread warm grits on a serving platter and pour shrimp mixture on top.
Serve and enjoy with your family.