Summer is a season of celebrations for everyone, especially enjoying freshness things. Yes, we are talking about flavorful and fresh foods like corn on the cob peaches and basil. Cornbread cake with fresh nectarines is the most favorite dessert recipe in the summer.
Previous post about Healthy Breakfast Muffins Recipe
The taste of this recipe is different and delicious. With their mouthwatering sweetness and distinct flavor, nectarines deserve the attention.
This cornbread cake with fresh nectarines recipe has the 100% good feel ingredients in it like cornmeal, whole wheat flour, plain yogurt and honey. The best thing about this recipe is? This is very easy to make recipe, and there is an eye-catching presentation and yields a lovely flavor.
Previous post about Mint Chocolate Chip Banana Popsicles Recipe
This delightful dessert is guaranteed crowd pleaser and entirely guilt free.
Cornbread Cake with Fresh Nectarines Recipe
Yields: 16 servings | Smart Points: 9 | Protein: 3g| Sugar: 20g | Fiber: 1g | Carbohydrates: 34g | Sodium: 80mg | Cholesterol: 14mg | Trans Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Total Fat: 9g | Calories: 223 |
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, (optional melted pure butter)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 nectarines, thinly sliced
How to Make
Previous post about Clean Eating Almond Butter Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly oil a 10-inch cast iron skillet or square baking pan.
- Whisk together wet ingredients in one small bowl. Whisks together dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry and stir just until combined.
- Place 2 teaspoons coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat and add nectarines. Sauté for about 5 minutes to soften.
- Pour corn cake mixture into prepared pan. Top with nectarine slices, placing in rows over the cornbread mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Serve and Enjoy!